Five Downtown Destinations for Holiday Shopping
Does the following schedule sound familiar? There is the office holiday party next Thursday, a White Elephant gift exchange that weekend, and a family gathering the following week. For those facing a similar schedule, it might be time to go holiday gift shopping!
Now that it is officially the 2018 holiday season, it may be a good time to focus on purchasing gifts for friends, family members, and beyond. For East of Market and other Frederick residents, Downtown Frederick is a wonderful destination during the holidays for gift shopping. Below, the East of Market team details five stores in Downtown Frederick that may contain the perfect holiday gift.
- Retro Metro: A gift shop located in the heart of Downtown Frederick, Retro Metro has such a wide variety of products that it would be easy to do most, if not all, holiday shopping at that one store. Cards, wall decor, pop culture items, and more are all present at Retro Metro. The shop is open every day of the week. Learn more about this store on their official website: https://www.retro-metro.com/ .
- Curious Iguana: Opened in 2013, Curious Iguana is a bookstore that features a wide variety of books and book related memorabilia. Books can be ordered from the Curious Iguana website, but the team in the bookstore is always happy to help find books in the store for patrons. For any bookworms in your life, Curious Iguana is a must for holiday shopping. Gift cards are also available for the store, in the event that it is hard to decide between the many books available. In addition to a standard bookstore, Curious Iguana also hosts several book clubs! Learn more about Curious Iguana here: https://curiousiguana.com/ .
- Dancing Bear Toys and Gifts: This toy shop is the “sister” store of Curious Iguana. Dancing Bear originally opened in 2000 and remains a Downtown Frederick staple. For those looking for toys and/ or gifts for children this holiday season, Dancing Bear needs to be a destination on the shopping list. This store features toys and games that do not utilize batteries. The focus of the store is “unplugged” play, so think of board games, puzzles, puppets, and more. There are tons of unique gifts in Dancing Bear. Learn more about this toy store here: https://dbeartoys.com/ .
- Brainstorm Comics and Gaming: For those looking for comic books, graphic novels, and/ or table top games to gift this holiday season, this store is the place to shop! Located next to the C. Burr Artz Public Library, this comic book store features a wide variety of comics as well as novelty items and trading cards. Learn more about Brainstorm on the official website: https://www.brainstormcomics.com/ .
- Record Exchange: As its name would suggest, the Record Exchange features records! The shop is always well organized and records are divided by music genre. Records can be the perfect holiday gift for those who love music. In addition to records, the Record Exchange also repairs and sells cds, video games, videos, and video game systems. It is important to note that Record Exchange also buys records, video games, and more. After the holiday season, during spring cleaning, remember to bring any unwanted records to Record Exchange to see if they can be purchased and sold. Learn more about Record Exchange online: http://www.recordexchangeofmd.com/.
All of the above stores, and many more, are located only a quick drive or bike ride away from this Frederick, Maryland apartment community. With so many unique and wonderful shops located in Downtown Frederick, Frederick residents should have an easy time purchasing holiday gifts this season.
The East of Market team wishes Happy Holidays to all celebrating!